Betho

"And in the end the love we make is equal to the love we take" The Beatles

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Hey, sorry its been so long. I'm on teaching rounds (its my last week!) and i have a heap of assignments due at the same time and am feeling a bit overwhelmed. On the plus side, this time next week i will have finished uni forever!!!!
Life is always changing. Sometimes subtlely and gradually so that you only realise that something has changed later on. Sometimes its jarring and unexpected and it takes months (even years,) to re-adjust to.
My life is changing. Some of it has been gradual, some of it is a bit jarring, but it all seems to have come to a head at this point of time. Its not just one part of my life, it seems like its every part!
This is challenging for me. I don't really deal with change very well. I like stability. I like the known.
So for now, i take it one day at a time. Wondering about what next year will look like is too much for me. Now, its just one step at a time.

4 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger fee said...

hey my love.
please know that one thing that will never change is that i love you and you are my friend, one of my best!!!
sometimes it's the best way to live, not trying to plan too far ahead. but it's harder i agree.
i will pray for you, that you will always keep Jesus as your focus!
love you.

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Darren Hailes said...

Beth. I love you, too.

One step at a time sounds like a good strategy. Last weekend I did a hike, called the Grouse Grind. (they don't use Grouse like we do... its the name of a mountain).

The grind is 2.9km long - and goes straight UP the mountain. You gain 853meters so its basically just giant stairs the whole way.

And, you guessed it. Its enourmous to look at from the bottom (or any point on the way up, for that matter) but the best way is just to do it one step at a time and NEVER to look up at whats ahaed!

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Betho said...

You Hailes kids are awesome!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Another Footy Fans Blog said...

We love you Beast! And are thinking of you of course at this challenging time!

I can't pretend I understand though... I love change. Stability LITERALLY drives me nuts. The adrenaline rush of life change makes me feel alive! I think it is because I have LADD (I have decided that stands for Life Attention Deficit Disorder in case you are wondering...).

Strange how we are all wired up so differently. I wish you had a bit of my LADD right now! It'd sure help!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home